McCrohan.net
Home : Content : CustomSearch : Downloads : Feedback : Forums : gallery : Journal : Members List : Private Messages : Recommend Us : Statistics : Submit News : Surveys : Top : Topics : Web Links : Your Account :
  Welcome Anonymous   [Register]
  Visitors: 86 Members: 0 Total: 86   Overall: 674   Latest  Phyl

World-wide home of McCrohan Genealogy

McCrohan.net: Forums

View topic - McCrohans from Beginis : McCrohan.net
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Private Messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Private Messages View next topic
John-Renard
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very Happy Hi Brian, Sadly the Island is no longer inhabited. Up to only a few years the late Casey brothers still lived there. The McCrohans moved to Valentia Island (the bigger island next door) a number of decades ago - I just can't recall the date at the minute. There is still one family of McCrohans living on Valentia. If you'd like some specific information mail me and I'll try to find it out for you. Tabhair Aire John
gershin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, Yes, there is 1 family of McCrohans on Valentia - my cousins. My father was born on Valentia Island. My grandmother was an O'Conell born on Beginis. Gerry
pg17

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2016 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

gershin wrote:
Hi, Yes, there is 1 family of McCrohans on Valentia - my cousins. My father was born on Valentia Island. My grandmother was an O'Conell born on Beginis. Gerry

Hello Gershin - my grandfather was Michael W O'Connell born on Beginish in 1897. I am sure you know there were 3 O'Connell families as well as the McCrohan and Casey families living on Beginish at the time of the 1901 and 1911 censuses.

Do you know from which of the 3 O'Connell families (all were related as far as I know) your grandmother came? What was her name and what was her husbands name ?

Pual
View previous topic Private Messages View next topic