McCrohan.net
Home : Content : CustomSearch : Downloads : Feedback : Forums : gallery : Journal : Members List : Private Messages : Recommend Us : Statistics : Submit News : Surveys : Top : Topics : Web Links : Your Account :
  Welcome Anonymous   [Register]
  Visitors: 88 Members: 0 Total: 88   Overall: 674   Latest  Phyl

World-wide home of McCrohan Genealogy

McCrohan.net: Forums

View topic - John McCrohan (changed to Mack in USA) - Kerry Co. : McCrohan.net
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Private Messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Private Messages View next topic
Lori

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Looking for any information (in Kerry, Ireland) for a John McCrohan (born = 24 Dec 1823) - wife is Mary O'Connell (born approx. Jan 1826). John and Mary Came to New York, USA in approx. 1850. Started using the surname Mack in the USA. I have plenty of information on John and Mary in the USA but cannot find their parents names in Kerry, Ireland. Any help would be appreciated. There is a Denis (Dennis) McCrohan that is always with John in the USA and I am assuming this is his brother (or maybe a cousin??) but have no firm proof of the exact relationship.
Phyl
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Lori,
Have you tried the site Irishgenealogy. Not sure if it's .com or .org ?
I am also searching for a McCrohan from Kerry. I am searching for a Denis - and have very little information to go on. I can not believe how many Denis' there are . Also, how many different ways the last name has been spelled . The Denis I'm looking for was married to Katherine or Catherine O'Neil. And I have found several Katherine McCrohan and Denis McCrohan but not the ones I need because the dates don't match up. I don't even know if they left Ireland. Good Luck - maybe this site can help you. Phyl
Phyl
Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lori - In continuing my research on the McCrohan Family (on my husbands' side), I came across something that leads me to believe that Denis McCrohan s' parents were a John and Mary McCrohan. At this time I haven't been able to confirm this information.

Also, I was shocked to discover that Denis and Catherine actually made it to America and died and were buried here in Cincinnati, Ohio. Denis died in 1872 and Catherine died in 1894.

Still haven't discovered their immigration records.

Have you had any luck with your John and Mary "Mack"?

I also know that Denis and Catherines' daughter was married as a "Mack" - in a catholic church, but other records record her name as some form of McCrohan.

Just wondering if you had had any luck.

Phyl
View previous topic Private Messages View next topic