McCrohan.net
Home : Content : CustomSearch : Downloads : Feedback : Forums : gallery : Journal : Members List : Private Messages : Recommend Us : Statistics : Submit News : Surveys : Top : Topics : Web Links : Your Account :
  Welcome Anonymous   [Register]
  Visitors: 89 Members: 0 Total: 89   Overall: 675   Latest  ceusebio

World-wide home of McCrohan Genealogy

McCrohan.net: Forums

View topic - Searching for ancestors from County Kerry, Ireland : McCrohan.net
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Private Messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Private Messages View next topic
Phyl
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello - I am researching my husbands maternal side of his family. His great-grandmother was Mary McCrohan. She said she was from County Kerry, Ireland and spoke Gaelic. She came to America around 1853 (we believe). She was suppose to be going to Boston but instead landed in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States. From death records we have found that her parents were Damin McCrohan and Catherine O'Neil McCrohan. The spelling of her last name is spelled a different way on every form - thus making me unsure of a lot of information. Her date of birth is recorded as Dec. 25, 1837, but could have been 1838. This is all I have to go on. If anyone on this forum could help me I would very much appreciate it. Also, the spelling of the name of her father "Damin" could be how someone translated how she pronounced it. Again, I thank you in advance for any help in my journey . Phyllis
View previous topic Private Messages View next topic