McCrohan.net
Home : Content : CustomSearch : Downloads : Feedback : Forums : gallery : Journal : Members List : Private Messages : Recommend Us : Statistics : Submit News : Surveys : Top : Topics : Web Links : Your Account :
  Welcome Anonymous   [Register]
  Visitors: 75 Members: 0 Total: 75   Overall: 683   Latest  Ellen

World-wide home of McCrohan Genealogy

McCrohan.net: Forums

View topic - New Lineage: John O. McCrohan - Virginia, West V, Pittsburgh : McCrohan.net
 Forum FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Private Messages  •  Log in

View previous topic Private Messages View next topic
jom

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

I am new to the group, but have been documenting my McCrohans for several years now. I believe I might have a new lineage to contribute to the group that may help fill in some gaps.

My John was born in Cahirciveen in 1835 to an Owen and Mary McCrohan and migrated to the US ~1855. John lived in VA until 1865, before he married Mary Callaghan in Clarksburg, WV. John had 6 children, listed below. It was requested that John's obituary be reprinted in the Brooklyn and Chicago newspapers. His wife's obituary requested that Boston and Chicago reprint - I presume both of these reprint requests were due to family residing in these locations, perhaps yours? Most importantly, I am trying to locate the fate of John's son, James O. McCrohan, who appears in many of the census records, as well as the Pittsburgh directories; however, I am unable to determine if he had any children or was married. James' family would be the last to carry on the McCrohan name from within my immediate lineage. Hope this info helps and I look forward to connecting with some of you in the future.

JOHN T. MCCROHAN, b. Sept. 1871, Sugar Loaf, MD; unmarried; d. Nov. 7, 1918, Grafton, WV

JAMES O. MCCROHAN, b. Jan. 1874; m. UNKNOWN; d. unknown

ELLEN V. MCCROHAN, b. Jan. 14, 1877; m JOHN J. CRICKARD; d. Jan. 30, 1957, Pittsburgh

MARY A. MCCROHAN, b. Sept. 8, 1880; m. unmarried; d. July 22, 1942, Pittsburgh

MARGARET T. MCCROHAN, b. Aug. 7, 1881; m. EDWARD P. HASSETT; d. Mar. 10, 1913, Pittsburgh

JANE F. MCCROHAN, b. Oct. 5, 1883; m. unmarried; d. Dec. 25, 1960, Pittsburgh
jerry
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Brandon,

I had a quick look and couldn't see any obvious connections with the online family tree. Has anyone come back to you via email?

If we don't have more information I can record them as a separate family branch, until we do know how to connect them.

All the best, Jerry
jom

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Jerry,

Yeah, I agree there does not seem to be any obvious connection with what is already here on the site. Nobody has replied to me directly. Perhaps, we can set up a new family tree until we figure out how to connect everyone.

My John is 5 years old here at Ballycarbery (outside of Cahirciveen):

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:QV9D-31K1

Parents: Owen and Mary McCrohan
Siblings: Norry, Ellen, and Patrick

Thanks Jerry!
View previous topic Private Messages View next topic